Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day # 4

I can't believe we have made it this far. This diet has been harder for me than for him, I think. Today I was almost ready to give in and give him the spinach dip (with sour cream in it) that he wanted so badly. But instead I had served him his veggie meatloaf (which was really quite tasty despite being without eggs or breadcrumbs). I figured if he was really starving, he would eat what was served. And he did. I can definitely see a difference. No preservatives, no sugar (except natural sugar), no foods with artificial flavors, no wheat, eggs, or dairy. He hasn't had any out of control episodes since Sunday. And that was due to strawberries & raisans for dessert - a little too much sugar before bedtime, even natural sugar. This diet is really working. We are a bit surprised and very pleased! Now, if we can just figure out what we need to remove permanently...

No comments: