I have been wanting to blog for months now but have never gotten around to starting. So, here I go. With so many different things going on, this year is passing by too quickly. And we will soon forget so much. So, rather than wait until the end of the year to send out Christmas cards and letters (which I didn't get around to this year anyway), this will be a way to communicate with our long-distance friends and family and let you catch a glimpse into our life.
As I write, I am 34 weeks pregnant, eagerly awaiting the arrival of our 3rd son and 4th child. Sleepless nights already are preparing me for the early morning feedings and night wakings of our little blessing that will be here quickly.
In the midst of coping with a pregnant body, we continue to finish out our homeschool Kindergarten year with Scott Jr. We have 7 more weeks of official "Kindergarten" so I imagine I will be doing several weeks throughout the summer after we get adjusted to baby #4. This week we have talked about Rocks, the letter "R", and learned to count with dimes in Math. In History, we read about the expansion of ancient Assyria and King Ashurbanipal, and all the while we continue to work on reading. Just this evening, we were making milkshakes for a special dessert and Scott Jr. asked if it said "blend" on the blender. I asked how he knew that, and he had sounded out the word on the blender. It was an "aha" moment - he IS learning even when I don't see it. Rachel is learning alongside him as well - I often catch her in her room in quiet moments counting aloud or trying to recite her ABC's. She wants to be big so badly - she even asked me for a handwriting book just like her Bubba's.
Just to add a little excitement to our life, we are also in the midst of remodeling. The 15 year old house we bought last September had a completely unfinished upstairs that was ready to be turned into a second story. We have had carpenters, plumbers, & electricians here busily working. And we are so excited - the first phase is to turn the center room into a playroom/homeschool room with an attached bathroom. Today they worked on the electrical outlets and installed new water heaters. We have had a vision of how we wanted the room to look, and it is beginning to take shape. Eventually, we hope to put 2 more bedrooms upstairs for the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment